Blog Archive

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette

Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette

Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette
by Victoria Challancin

Note to Readers:  I am still posting from draft mode as I am on the road.  I just left Morocco and am now in Paris en route to Istanbul:   Thanks for bearing with me.

In my family, my vegetarian husband and his carnivore wife, me, eat a lot of salads.  And a cook can never have enough recipes for dressings and vinaigrettes in his or her repertoire.  Not to denigrate a dressing of a simple squeeze of lemon juice and a lug of good olive oil, sometimes I still like to change things up.  This dressing is an example of lovely ingredients that come together in a pleasant, gentle way.  For this salad I used a romaine lettuce, mango, cooked beets, alfalfa sprouts, red bell pepper, and blue cheese--because it was what I had on hand.


Note:  Don't miss the delicious Mango and Strawberry Vinaigrettes I posted here.

Enjoy!

Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette
(Recipe by Victoria Challancin)

2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, white, dark,or fruit-flavored
2 Tablespoons honey, or to taste
1 small garlic clove
1 cup light olive oil and/or grape-seed oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Place ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

Cook's Note:  Of course you can sharpen this with more mustard and more vinegar, or sweeten it with more honey.  Make it work for you--but do use it because it gives a refreshing lift to any salad!





Victoria Challancin
Flavors of the Sun Cooking School
San Miguel de Allende, México

©Victoria Challancin.  All Rights Reserved.
(Recipes are to be shared with love--my photos aren't--thanks for respecting this)


No comments: